Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking a Senior Analyst in the Fluid Analysis Lab at our Salem, Virginia corporate headquarters. This job is responsible for analyzing oil, coolant and fuel samples for customers and all Carter Machinery service areas through lab procedures. The Senior Analyst will ensure that all laboratory practices are consistent with Carter laboratory procedures. This position will interpret sample results daily and develop new standards as necessary for Caterpillar and non-Caterpillar products. Responsibilities include maintaining all required documents and following all procedures required to successfully meet the criteria of ISO 9001 certification. Seeking candidates with strong customer service and equipment care skills as well as high mechanical aptitude. Must be able to operate, calibrate and maintain all lab equipment. Willing to adapt to changing technology and stay current on new lab products, sample interpretations, known service problems, etc. Preference given to candidates possessing a background/experience or degree in a STEM related field. Prior lab experience a plus, but not required.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Able to follow guidelines and perform proper procedures according to written procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to instruct customers and employees the proper procedure of taking an oil sample.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Products; able to perform data entry functions.
- Able to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.