This position is responsible for generating sales and customer satisfaction through product knowledge and prompt courteous service. Responsible for assisting with the direction and coordination of the warehouse activities in a manner that maximizes service to customers and effectively utilizes the facilities and equipment allotted for parts inventories.
Parts Sales Rep Duties
• Receives orders by telephone, mail and in person from walk-in customers
• Initiates calls to customers to solicit orders and verify marketing information.
• Promotes aggressive and suggestive selling by means of product knowledge, personal selling skills, over-the-counter contact, telemarketing and direct mail.
• Actively seeks additional sales opportunities
• Understands and promotes the Parts Exchange System. Promotes additional sales and service sales aggressively
• Ensures any customer "call-back" requests are completed to the customer's satisfaction
• Processes customer orders the same day received, making certain that all documents necessary to the transaction are completed in an accurate manner.
• Prepares sales orders, specifying the terms of sale and delivery. Complies with established company credit policies, including Cash on Delivery policies. Assists the Credit Department in the resolution of errors or problems with customer accounts.
• Handles customer credits accurately and in accordance with Company policy, making sure that all pertinent information is included
• Records lost sales opportunities
• Guarantees all receiving, storing and distribution activities are carried out in a professional manner and are kept within warehouse policies
• Insures all orders are processed for delivery or pick-up promptly and efficiently
• Insures Shop parts requirements are filled and delivered
• Makes certain that all incoming parts are processed properly, loaded, and on records
• Guarantees that company return policy is followed, and that all returns are binned and invoiced in a timely manner.
• Sees that personnel in the work group are kept informed of changes in paper flow as it affects your part of the overall operation
• Maintains a professional businesslike manner and appearance
• Assists in the training of current and new employees
• Schedules work load for the warehouse on both a daily and weekly basis. Job assignments are made within the qualifications and capability of parts warehouse personnel.
• Schedules delivery truck routes and reports any significant deviations/problems
• Responsible for accurate warehousing and security of used warranty cores for the remanufacturing products system
• Assists the parts manager with CID meetings and KPI boards. Ensures meetings take place when requested or when the parts manager is not available.
• All freight charges, both incoming and outgoing, are passed on to the customer accurately and in accordance with company policy
• Any new and improved warehousing techniques/procedures are recommended to management
• Inventory discrepancies are identified, reported and minimized
• Maintains clean and orderly appearance of warehouse using current and future 5S guidelines and standards.
• Insures that daily, pre shift safety inspections are done promptly and properly.
• Insures all road vehicles and lift trucks are operated safely and are serviced and washed according to company policy
• Insures parts delivery trucks are properly loaded /unloaded quickly, efficiently and correctly.
Unique Dept. Duties
• Makes full use of the variety of information available, including the Caterpillar, SIS, numerical Parts Record and other reference media.
• Follows back-orders closely to ensure prompt delivery upon receipt. Notifies customer upon receipt of back-ordered items. Works directly with CAT order analyst to expedite back-ordered parts.
• Assists Sales Department in ordering parts for new machines.
• Reports machinery sales leads and competitive machine activities to the Sales Department
Education/ Work Experience:
High school graduate with two years related work experience, including six months of sales and /or mechanical experience.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Must be able to periodically lift parts weighting up to 35 lbs
Must have key boarding exposure and versatility.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.