Job: Warehouse Worker, Fabick Cat, Madison, WI
Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for nearly 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/
* Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer;
* Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards;
* Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors;
* Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas;
* Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations;
* Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors;
* Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers;
* Accurately process, package and prepare parts orders for delivery to customers and Fabick technicians;Keep an orderly, clean, and safe work environment;
* Completion of all safety and training courses as required;
* Perform other duties as required.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* 1-3 years warehouse experience preferred.
* 1-3 years forklift and scanner experience preferred.
* Forklift certification a plus.
* Candidate must be attentive to detail.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
Special Physical Requirements:
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Work is performed in a warehouse environment with occasional exposure to outside elements and seasonal environmental factors. Frequent stooping, bending and lifting occur. The majority of time is spent standing or walking.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled