Working Hours/Days7am – 5pm Monday – Friday, (OT as needed).
Outside sales assisting current and new customers with their sales and rental equipment needs.
- Responsible for assisting customers with sales and rental equipment needs.
- Achieve maximum sales and profitability in assigned territory by working with both existing customers and targeting new accounts.
- Focus on providing viable equipment solutions to our customer base.
- Meet or exceed market growth goals.
- Appropriately allocate call frequency between existing customer base and opportunity accounts.
- Prepare sales presentations, reports and sales quotes.
- Have a firm understanding of the rental equipment market in order to effectively sell and assess trade values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited University in a related field or 4 years of previous experience in the construction equipment industry required.
- Prior sales experience preferred.
- Ability to train and educate customers on machine operation.
- Strong customer service skills are needed with the ability to exceed customer's expectations.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be self-motivated with the ability to seek new customers.
- Ability to use "Value Added" selling techniques and models is needed.
- Strong financial negotiating skills required.
- Computer literate and proficient with using the Internet, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel is required.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works out of office environment and travels to meet customers. May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for a period of time; answer telephone calls and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Traveling is needed, to visit current and new customers. Walking and lifting up to 50 lbs. may be required. Demonstration of equipment may be needed. Noise level in an office environment is usually moderate to low. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.