The Equipment Shipping & Receiving Associate is responsible for specific daily activities including, but not limited to, the following: shipping/receiving/positioning/documenting/minor facility maintenance, the movement of material handling equipment (and related devices), accessories and other materials while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives and logs all inbound and outbound motor freight shipments.
- Tags/Marks all inbound shipments with Customer Name and/or SAP Purchase Order Number, and notifies appropriate person or Department via email and phone regarding receipt of material(s).
- Loads and unloads (or supervises same) all inbound and outbound motor freight shipments.
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper (documents correspondence) to rectify damages and shortages.
- Accompanies truck drivers to insure correct materials are shipped per the bill of lading.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications per bill of lading.
- Operates lift truck or uses pallet jack and hand trucks to unload and transport material from loading dock to storage or work area.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area – both inside and outside the building.
- Maintains well-organized and easily read filing/documentation of all inbound and outbound materials.
- Perform general housekeeping/maintenance duties as assigned. (Maintenance od shop equipment)
- Oil Water Separator
- Fork Levator
- Air Compressor
- Promote safety through own work habits.
- Contact local carriers for pick-up and delivery of materials based on shipment requirements. Uses approved list of vendors – contacts management if normal carriers/routine requires variation from normal procedures.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines.
- If noticed, this individual needs to report to supervisor any conditions that do not meet OSHA standards.
- Must be able to operate all equipment required to complete job activities/assignments.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have High School Diploma, or GED
- Warehouse and shipping/receiving experience preferred
- Customer Service Attitude
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Have problem solving abilities
- Must read, write, communicate in English as it relates to this job and safety regulations
- Must meet the ergonomic and physical requirements, as well as the physical base scores for this position
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have keyboarding skills
- Must successfully complete Lift Truck, AWP/EWP, Trailer-Spotter, Railcar Mover, and other equipment operator training classes, including successfully completion the required Operator Evaluation for equipment sold or serviced by LiftOne LLC.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must maintain Operator qualifications for all Powered Industrial Trucks operated in completion of the job.