Carolina CAT is currently seeking Compact Construction Equipment (CCE) technicians for both shop and field roles. Candidates must have previous mechanic experience with heavy construction equipment, preferably on Caterpillar Equipment, and must be interested in learning new skills and growing with us!
The Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of customer equipment in a shop or field environment while maintaining an acceptable level of productivity and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepare for operations
- Works independently with little to no supervision at times.
- Determine the technical or physical status using the on-board computer, service documents and reviewing product improvement and support programs.
- Verify findings, review readings of gauges and procedures and compare to manufactures specs.
- Prepare a plan to correct the problem consulting with co-workers or lead man when necessary.
- Order or obtain from stock or send parts to special service shop to make the appropriate tooling or alterations.
- Install, replace, re-build or repair the parts and/or equipment in a timely manner and according to specifications.
- Test the part or equipment and perform quality check after work is complete.
- Paint components and pressure wash parts and equipment when necessary.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned and maintains company vehicles.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines.
- Maintains productivity at predetermined levels.
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED
- 3+ years in heavy equipment, engine, or electric power generation system mechanic repair.
- Have Knowledge of: Engine and equipment lines sold by the company.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application, operation, and function of Caterpillar equipment and engines.
- Use and application of all Caterpillar diagnostic tools.
- Electrical and electronic system applications.
- Problem solving techniques and repair options for Caterpillar machines, engines, and components.
- Daily computer use/experience required
Asheville, North Carolina