Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking an Area Sales Manager to cover the equipment rental markets in the Baltimore area, north and east of Baltimore in Maryland and the Delmarva Peninsula. This job is responsible for leading and achieving specific results in the areas of sales coverage strategy and execution, sales forecasting and sales funnel management, revenue growth and business plan achievement, market share growth, and customer growth and retention objectives. As a sales coach, this position is responsible for building and retaining a talented team of Rental Sales Representatives within his/her region of responsibility. This includes aiding in the delivery of effective value propositions, quotations and presentations as needed to customers, team members, other leaders and industry associations. The Area Sales Manager will make regular customer visits with each Sales Representative within the region, and identify/execute comprehensive growth plans for key accounts. Seeking candidates who are dedicated self-starters with proven construction equipment rental industry and sales leadership experience. Bachelor's degree in a business-related field preferred. 5+ years of rental equipment industry experience preferred.
- Thorough product knowledge with the ability to effectively market equipment to customers.
- Strong business acumen including but not limited to budgeting, financial analysis, forecasting and managing rental agreements, and terms and conditions.
- Able to guide sales staff in the development and execution of action plans that produce sales results.
- Able to monitor business environment to support and guide management in identifying and addressing business opportunities and challenges.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and listening.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions and solving problems.
- Able to travel and work hours required to meet job and customer demands.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace