Working Hours/Days8:30 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday, (OT and Saturdays as required).
Primary responsibilities include shipping/receiving, hose assembly, inventory storage, and order picking activities for the Parts Department.
- Complete required paperwork and computer data entry.
- Provide primary material handling duties within the department
- Assist customers and shop personnel by pulling orders and other needs as required.
- Deliver parts in a company pickup truck to customers and other store locations.
- Ability to look up part numbers in equipment parts books or online resources and assist customers is helpful.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous warehouse experience required.
- Lift truck experience desired (certification preferred) but will train final candidate.
- Must be a self-starter with good time management, planning, and organizational skills with a commitment to detail.
- Must have a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge/experience required.
- Excellent communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal) are necessary.
- Ability to follow all safety rules and wear proper safety equipment in the warehouse.
- Must be able to handle general math calculations on money, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works in both a warehouse environment with some outside exposure and office environment. May, on a continuous basis sit at a desk for long periods of time, answer phone calls and write or use a keyboard to communicate through email. May on a continuous basis, walk, bend and lift up to 75 pounds. The wearing of approved safety equipment (i.e. safety glasses with side shields and steel toe footwear) is required. Noise level in the office is usually low and the noise level in the warehouse may range from low to moderate. Must be flexible during peak season to work overtime as needed. Occasional local travel may be required to deliver parts to customers. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.