About the Company
Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNH Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking a Parts Manager to manage our Thermo King dealership in San Leandro, CA. The Parts Manager reports directly to Vice President.
Directly manages the day to day parts operations and department of multiple employees. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work. Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, hiring, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Place and manage all parts orders
- Receive all parts orders into the DBS
- Keep an organized and structured parts warehouse
- Maintain or exceed parts turns goals
- Meet or exceed financial key performance indicators requirements
- Meet or exceed performance dealer requirements set by OEM’s.
- Maintain high level satisfaction and communication with internal and external customers and understand their needs
- Team management & training
- Communicate with the OEM’s to optimize benefits for customers
- Have creative ideas on how to improve department
- Work well with all levels of management within company
- Oversee parts delivery to maximize efficiency
- Maintain the physical condition of parts to eliminate loss
- Return obsolete or slow moving parts in a timely manner to minimize write offs
- Marketing and merchandising to maximize parts sales
- Participate in annual budgeting
- Participate in strategic planning for departmental growth
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by manager
- Minimum 5 years parts operations experience in Automotive or Diesel parts
- Minimum 5 years of supervising or managing a minimum of 2 subordinates
- Must have automotive or heavy diesel equipment dealership industry experience to be considered
- Experience with high volume sales and customer interactions
- Inventory control management and physical inventory experience
- Financial KPI’s understanding is highly preferred
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office or Google Apps Suite and internet functions. CDK software experience is plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Bilingual is a plus
Benefit package includes competitive base salary plus bonus, medical, dental, and vision plan, life insurance/AD&D coverage, voluntary STD/LTD, 401K matching, and paid vacation, sick, and holiday.