Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
This position is responsible for Electric Power (EP) Sales for the Energy & Transportation Division of Fabick Power Systems. Responsibilities include developing and implementing sales strategies, managing sales operations, managing electric power assets, achieving market share objectives and maintaining profitable growth.
* Manages annual business plan and financial budget.
* Updates and revises budget annually in accordance with company guidelines, and manages operational expenses of department.
* Directs all facets of profitable EP Sales operation, along with developing and implementing sales strategies.
* Manages all EP assets to forecast sales and manage inventory to ensure level of acceptable inventory turns and return on assets (ROA).
* Develops EP Sales goals for Fabick Power Systems, both short term and long term.
* Develops and maintains a culture within the EP Sales organization that embraces teamwork, integrity, quality, and responsiveness to customer needs.
* Maintains a professional, trained and motivated staff through effective implementation of performance and career-development programs.
* Promotes and manages all customer care standards. Supports team member training in support of Fabick Cat's strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Supervises employees. Performs annual performance review, determines appropriate merit for compensation increases. Administers discipline as warranted; maintains authority to hire and terminate employees with the approval of the Power Systems General Manager.
* Monitors sales team to insure achievement of market share, revenue and profitability goals.
* Maintains personal contact with Caterpillar representatives and key customers.
* Keeps informed of competitive actions with review of information from the field or other sources and reports to Caterpillar and Fabick team members as warranted.
* Utilizes our customer opportunity management system, project management system and coverage strategies to enhance our sales coverage effectiveness and improve customer satisfaction.
* Actively advocates for safety at Fabick Cat, adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* Develops a spirit of cooperation with all departments within Fabick Cat.
* Works within and promotes Fabick Cat's corporate vision, mission, and value statements.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Power Systems General Mgr.
* Supervision of all Electric Power Account Managers and Project Managers in order to achieve customer satisfaction, customer loyalty along with profitable growth for Fabick Power Systems.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
* Previous power systems industry sales experience required (3 years minimum preferred).
* Previous management experience is preferred.
* Previous experience with Caterpillar Electric Power Industry products is preferred.
* Strong knowledge of Electric Power Industry (products, equipment, applications) in order to deliver appropriate customer solutions and grow customer sales.
* Excellent written/verbal communication.
* Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills.
* A charismatic team leader of people with outstanding people management, coaching and development skills.
* Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Teamwork oriented with an ability to work effectively with customers, Caterpillar, vendors, and across company lines of business.
* Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to set and manage priorities.
* Knowledge and use of all Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and smart phones.
Safety Physical Demands:
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.Up to 50% overnight travel in support of operations across Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Caterpillar Meetings.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled