Working Hours/DaysMonday – Friday 8am – 5pm, Weekends as needed. Hours may be subject to change based on finalizing sales and customer support dependent on time of year.
This position sells new and used Massey Ferguson and Caterpillar compact utility equipment. This position will cover the following Iowa Counties: Cedar, Iowa, Johnson, Jones, Linn, Louisa, Muscatine, and Washington Sales Territory.
- Covers the following Iowa Counties: Cedar, Iowa, Johnson, Jones, Linn, Louisa, Muscatine, and Washington Sales Territory.
- Sell new and used Massey Ferguson and Caterpillar compact utility equipment such as: Compact Utility Tractors, Skidsters, Mobile-Track Loaders, Telehandlers, Mini-Excavators, and Mini-Wheel Loaders to end users.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Achieve maximum sales (new / used) and profitability in assigned territory by working with both existing customers and targeting new accounts.
- Have a firm understanding of the used equipment market in order to effectively sell used machines and assess trade values.
- Prepare sales presentations, reports and sales quotes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Three to five years of sales experience required.
- A four year business or marketing degree is preferred or equivalent experience in business or marketing.
- Construction and Agriculture sales experience is preferred.
- Ability to understand, explain and implement sales and financing programs.
- Must be a self-starter with good time management
- Willingness to travel to trade shows and training sessions.
- Must reside or be willing to relocate within the assigned IA territory.
- Excellent communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal) are necessary.
- Computer literate. Must be familiar with programs such as Microsoft, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position will spend a good portion of time traveling to customer jobsites. May work in an office environment, sitting at a desk for a period of time to answer phone calls or use a keyboard to complete documents and communicate through email. May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 50lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be mad to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.