This position will be assigned as a resident service advisor at a customer site. Responsibilities include quoting and scheduling repair jobs in an efficient and professional manner and providing technical support through prompt, accurate and courteous communications to all internal and external customers to achieve the best customer satisfaction possible.
- Accepts and coordinates customer inquires and requests (phone, walk-in or mail) for machine repair/service.
- Utilize a Visual format to schedule all repairs by Service Technicians providing assignments and direction to ensure efficiency, quality, and timeliness in meeting customer commitments.
- Advise Group Leader of any significant activity or potential customer concerns, major shifts in work loads, or time delays.
- Monitor the status of ongoing jobs to provide the following communications:
- Obtain approval for additional repairs found
- Advise the customer of any significant changes in the repair process or delays in scheduled commitments.
- Communicate the authorized repairs back to the Technician and coordinate repair.
- Promote external and internal customer relations and good will by investigating customer concerns, researching and providing justification material when required, and communicating those findings promptly to all necessary personnel.
- Open all Service work orders, providing complete and accurate information for Technicians in a timely manner.
- Process all work orders and paperwork generated by the Technicians in a timely fashion completing the following tasks:
- Review and approve all work orders before forwarding to Service Administrators for closing on a daily basis.
- Review and approve all work orders for timeliness and accuracy establishing a fair value for time entries to be billed to the customer.
- Update work orders with an appropriate segment, job and component code, and adequate maintenance notes to support necessary repairs.
- Ensure that all Warranty W/O's are closed within 5 days of the last date of labor.
- Review, investigate, and approve all time collection discrepancies for Shop personnel.
- Review monthly the No Activity Work-in-Process report to maintain a minimum of 90% of all Shop work orders within a 10-day window.
- Coordinate the quoting process for all Shop related requests. Prepare, review and approve all quotes to insure professionalism and timeliness.
- Maintain the Shop Tool Room in the following manner:
- Ensure a consistent check-in and check-out procedure is followed.
- Maintain a wish list of requested tooling.
- Advise Group Leader of immediate needs for approval to purchase.
- Delegate needed repairs to appropriate service Technician for repairs.
- Investigate and authorize credit based on authority and parameters set by the Credit Department.
- Provide Technical Troubleshooting and Diagnosis assistance to all Shop and Field Service personnel and coordinate assistance with the Factory as required.
- Maintain the Lift Service Dept. Library by the following:
- Receive and insert all new Technical Bulletins in master catalogs
- Coordinate the mailing out of necessary information to Technicians as described in routing guide.
- Maintain a check-in and check-out process of Library materials
- Consistently maintain positive, productive, and mature work ethics.
- Set examples for others to follow by demonstrating a conscientious effort to perform as a team leader, treating all in a fair and equal manner.
- Investigate rework related situations and communicate back to the Technicians involved in a positive way.
- Works with Group Leader as a team to provide written support and presentation of Performance Reviews to each Technician to provide coaching toward established career paths within the Company Policy guidelines.
High School graduate with 4 years' experience in a similar administrative/advisor related position; or a two-year college with 2 years' experience in a similar administrative/advisor related position.
Must be able to work for long periods while seated. Must have the ability to clearly communicate with internal/external customers on the phone or in person. Outstanding customer relations and pleasant personality is a must.
Must be PC literate with advanced skills in Microsoft applications, as well as data base management.
Must be able to pass extensive government background check and approval process for customer facility access badge.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.