Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking Yard Attendant on 1st shift at our Dulles, Virginia location. This position is responsible for loading, unloading, receiving/releasing rental equipment and attachments, demonstrating the operation of rental equipment, maintaining the rental yard for easy access, directing the delivery of new equipment, returns, etc. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the grounds of the Rental facility. Seeking candidates with previous heavy equipment operation and trailer towing experience. Must be able to exercise good judgment, pay attention to detail, work independently and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to operate all models of CAT equipment to properly test all systems operations.
- Must have an understanding of machine applications, operation and functions.
- Must be organized, able to interact with coworkers and able to train new yard attendants.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks with competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 50 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.