Job: Class A CDL Driver - Local Route, Fabick Cat, Madison, WI
Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for nearly 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/
This position drives the company owned truck and delivers parts between branches and to drop boxes along a regular route and schedule.
* Perform accurate delivery & distribution of freight to Fabick branches and drop boxes.
* Maintain good working relations with all Fabick branch facilities.
* Represent Fabick Cat in a safe and professional manner while in transit.
* Notify company supervisors and mechanics of vehicle problems.
* Perform routine vehicle maintenance such as regulating tire pressure and adding gasoline, oil, and water.
* Record the name, date, and freight information on trip sheets, along with trip information such as time and place of pickup and drop-off.
* Complete accident reports when necessary.
* Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
* Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
* Obtain receipts or signatures when loads are delivered.
* Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
* Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
* Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, and/or covers.
* Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
* Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
* Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
* High School diploma or equivalent is required.
* Class A CDL with air brake endorsement is required.
* Must be able to pass DOT physical and drug test.
* Must have forklift experience and be able to physically lift up to 75 lbs. Good oral & written communication skills.
Special Physical Requirements:
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled