Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking a Senior Project Manager for the Power Systems Division at our Elkridge, Maryland location. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and tactical aspects of large-scale sales projects, including coordinating workload of Project Managers, overseeing power generation equipment start-ups and other related services for cost-effectiveness. This position will run various reports related to sales and forecasting of deliveries. Seeking candidates with excellent operational knowledge of Genset Installations, including transfer switches, UPS, and paralleling switchgear. Must have proven ability to understand, interpret and meet complex customer needs. Position requires a minimum of ten years' experience in the Power Generation field, and ten years of Project Management experience. Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- Effective project management skills required; able to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strong business acumen; able to accurately forecast revenue, profitability and margins.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in mediation and negotiation.
- Able to move between projects as priorities change.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and coordinate multiple competing tasks/demands.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to travel and work hours required for job and customer demand.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.