This position will work to achieve sales and profit goals of parts and service by working with the Product Support Sales Representatives and Internal Sales Representatives to generate quotes using Parts & Service Quoter (PSQ). They will also be responsible for monitoring quote request in the Request for Quote Tool, analyze and update information in the Request for Quote tool and follow the quoting process from start to finish. This position will assist in tasks such as parts identification, quote maintenance and transitioning the quote to correct department for scheduling and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Generate quotes for Product Support Sales Representatives and Inside Sales Representatives. Quotes will be created in Parts & Service Quoter.
- Perform research to identify Caterpillar parts and parts by other vendors that will be needed to compile and generate quotes.
- Monitor and update the Request for Quote queue. The Request for Quote queue is a Smartsheet document used to enter and track each quote from time of request until the work order is closed. The Request for Quote can track win / loss, quote activity per department and stage of completion.
- Communicate with PSSRs / ISRs on a regular basics to discuss quote activity and ensure customer request for quote are handled in an efficient manner.
- Monitor outstanding quotes to identify available opportunities and communicate with PSSRs / ISRs to increase quotes that are won.
- Assist with customer documentation such as Diesel Oxidation Catalyst Emissions reports.
- Monitor Customer Value Agreements, preventive maintenance agreements, to ensure customer is supplied with updated information prior to expiration of current agreement.
- Work with PSSR / ISR to identify and document standard jobs to aid in future quoting opportunities.
Key Traits for Success
- Detailed oriented, agile-minded, a direct communicator, highly organized and committed to the vision and values of CTE
- Confident but humble; willing to “roll up sleeves” to help get the job done
- Ability to quickly assimilate and integrate with the team, creating opportunities to support the team
- Highly resourceful; strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, with high level analytical skills
- Willingness to work hard and take direction, but also demonstrate curiosity and quick study to learn the business
- Tact, diplomacy and consistent persistence are essential qualities
- Positive energy while being adaptable to changing priorities
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, confidentiality, and trust
- High sense of urgency and reliability
Education and/or Experience
- College or technical degree preferred.
- Preferably 1-3 years’ minimum industry experience with Power Systems equipment or similar industry experience. Preferred experience would include a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems such as diesel engines, cooling systems, generators, and fuel systems.
- Preferable experience estimating to include mechanical repair, parts identification and labor needed to complete tasks.
- Excellent organizational, influence and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
Excellent customer service and prospecting skills with the ability to approach the sales process creatively and in a professional and consultative manner.
- Excellent leadership skills, including decision making, creative thinking and goal setting skills.
An excellent knowledge of the market and the product with the ability to discuss the technical aspects of Power Systems equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Including influence and negotiation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to interpret policies, procedures and guidelines.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, data base systems (DBS) and a basic ability to operate industry specific PC programs.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft operating platform, Salesforce