Job: Desktop Support Specialist, Fabick Cat, Milwaukee, WI
Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/
The Desktop Support Specialist provides technical support and training to internal Fabick Cat team members. They have the general responsibilities of providing IT technical support, deploying and supporting PCs and other Edge devices as well as training to internal Fabick Cat Team Members
* Provide technical support: Answer help desk calls and emails as it relates to Information Systems (IS) problems for internal Fabick Cat team members, create trouble tickets, and ensure ticket is routed properly for resolution. Work with departmental team members to coordinate essential end user support duties.
* Perform maintenance on PC hardware and software inventories: Set up hardware/software for new Fabick Cat team members. Setup, installation and training of Caterpillar and other vendor provided software on PC's and workstations. Perform hardware and software configuration and maintenance on PC's and workstations as required to support internal clients. Travel to different branch locations to conduct maintenance and inventories.
* Conduct product research: Continuous training on new hardware/software upgrades.
* Provision, deploy and support equipment in support of Fabick Cat's telecommunication systems.
* Create manage and maintain shared printer environment. This includes assisting in managing printer services program.
* Participate in an on-call rotation that includes resolving system issues and providing help desk services for users requiring after hours support.
* Ensure audio visual equipment to support conference room meetings is online and functional.
* Perform other miscellaneous duties as required by management.
* Associate's Degree in Computer Networking, Hardware, Software or related field, or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of one-year experience in a technical support role and related field customer service experience.
* Requires one years' experience provision and supporting various technologies that make up Fabick Cat's telecommunications system which includes Skype, Teams, iPhones and InTune.
* Experience in and working knowledge of PC hardware and laptop repair, networking, Microsoft Windows 10, remote client connectivity and software installation and removal.
* Will be required to pass Dell Warranty Parts Direct and Lenovo Self Service certifications for desktops and laptops.
* Exceptional customer service
* Strong analytical skills; able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment
* Maintains a good understanding of IT industry trends.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to participate in after hours on-call support
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other business software applications
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled