Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNHi Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking aTractor Technician to join our Thermo King dealership in Los Angeles, CA.
Looking for a motivated self-starter with experience in all phases of diesel truck-tractor repair to be considered.
- 3+ years’ experience repairing and diagnosing heavy-duty diesel truck-tractor
- The ideal Heavy Diesel Truck Technician will have experience in repairing diesel truck-tractors including pm services, diagnostics, wiring, electrical and air systems, air conditioning, air and hydraulic brakes, clutches, transmissions, exchanges, and Federal DOT Inspections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose and repair heavy-duty trucks, including preventative maintenance, inspections, repair to air brakes and hydraulic components, tires, warranty procedures, driveline, steering and suspension, electrical, mobile AC refrigeration, with safety as the top priority.
- Identify, diagnosis, and resolve tractor related issues, tachometer, speedometer, power steering, power divider, U-joint, transmission, rear end, A/C, starter, alternator, APU, etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on tractor equipment including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders.
- Perform general or routine welding with or without prints.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with team members, all personnel and external vendors.
- Contribute to the goals of the shop, leadership team, and Company.
- Utilize appropriate resources, such as the parts manual and computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems, determine the most effective and efficient method for repair and locate parts.
- Document work order details within the Company’s internal order and billing program.
- Ensure proper documentation is complete on repair orders.
- Abide by all Company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by manager.
Benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision plan, life insurance/AD&D coverage, voluntary STD/LTD, 401K matching, and paid vacation, sick, and holiday.