A picture is worth a thousand words, but creating the right picture is a talent. At CTE, we are looking for a creator, someone that knows how to convey meaning through visualization. Do you quote Edward Tufte at parties and family reunions? Do you reorganize your closet based on the color palette of your most recent dashboard? If so, we want to talk to you.
Developing that perfect picture takes a mix of science, creativity and interaction between the designer and their audience. That is why we are looking for a curious, creative, customer-focused listener with a passion for technology to join our team. Speaking of the team, the Business Intelligence & Analytics (BIA) team at CTE is a newly formed group responsible for kick-starting the analytics capabilities of the company. If you are looking for the opportunity to help build something from the ground floor within a supportive and established company, this is the job for you!
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
- Collaborate with our business partners to turn data frustration into insight-driven action.
- Build things fast and get feedback often; you must be willing to treat constructive criticism like the roadmap to success that it is
- Turn data into a story
- Remain curious and always improve
- A bachelor’s degree in a business management, computer science or data-related program preferred
- Demonstrated experience (1-3 years) building fantastic visualizations are required for consideration
- You will be working with the latest technology stack – Azure, Snowflake, and Power BI. Experience with Power BI is strongly preferred but not required; we realize that the software is just the canvas you use to paint your masterpiece.
- You can’t build great visualizations if you can’t find the data, so we expect you to bring appropriate programming skills (SQL, Python) and an understanding of data prep and warehousing concepts.
- Your resume does not tell us the full story. Be prepared to share examples of your work and talk about the design and drill-through choices you have made.
- We sell and service big equipment – excavators, bulldozer, forklifts; knowledge of the industry will give you a leg up - but is not required, as will an understanding of B2B, service-oriented businesses.