Job: Service Technician, Fabick Cat, Madison, WI
SITECH Mid-America is an authorized Trimble Civil Engineering and Construction dealer for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. SITECH Mid-America is headquartered in Nashville, IL. For more information visit www.sitechmidamerica.com
The Service Technician is a Trimble Authorized Service Provider. Service Technicians should have an educational background in electronics, soldering skills, the ability to work in a small team, and be self-motivated. Experience in servicing GPS, laser and optical products is preferred. The technician is responsible for performing all duties related to the repair of products and systems sold within the SITECH Mid-America dealership. This will include but not be limited to customer communications, estimating cost of repairs prior to servicing, phone technical support, and training colleagues. The Service Technician is accountable for delivering quality repairs on time at a profit. Customer satisfaction is the key component of the Service Technicians success. The Service Technician reports directly to the Service Manager.
* Perform quality bench service repairs on Trimble products sold by SITECH Mid-America.
* Assist in the development, documentation, and maintenance of service processes.
* Comply with routine reporting requirements. Establish, implement and maintain necessary reports, records, controls and procedures to assure compliance with company and Trimble requirements. Document equipment preparation, installation, troubleshooting, and repairs in the company software. Provide feedback and improvements based on company and customer needs.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining good customer relations and continue to build the company image. Resolves customer complaints as soon as possible. Treats customers fairly, friendly and courteously. Assures customer contacts are made on a timely basis and in a business-like manner.
* Assist in repair request management and loaner inventory.
* Assist field technicians with troubleshooting as a liaison to Trimble support
* Perform installations and system repairs/upgrades in the field as needed.
* Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
* Minimum (2) year technicians diploma or certificate.
* Experience with Trimble Heavy Civil Construction products preferred.
* Comfortable with resolving customer issues and complaints required.
* Critical thinking, troubleshooting, general people, and customer service abilities required.
* Strong written and verbal command of the English language.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and operate in a very fast pace environment. Travel requirements are minimal but may include overnight or multiple night trips. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled