Working Hours/Days8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday, Saturday rotations and other hours as needed.
Manage the business operations of the service department. This includes but not limited to: assigning shop service department employees.
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate strong customer communication & developmental skills as well as the ability to motivate a large, diverse workforce.
- Communication with technicians and customers, regarding repair progress and direction.
- Perform work order maintenance, technician scheduling, review service reports, warranty coding and invoicing of work orders.
- Communication via email, phones, and software applications.
- Assisting in payroll review and entry, and service office organization & appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 year college degree in business or 2 years' experience in service department setting.
- Experience in DBS and SIS networks is recommended.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and protocols.
- Must have the ability to express ideas and influence others in a positive manner to accomplish long term goals.
- Ability to write professional business communication by email or letter is required.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and customer service skills are needed.
- Computer literate, PC experience with programs such as Microsoft, Excel, Word, and Outlook is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate)
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works in an office environment and in a service shop environment. May, on a continuous basis, sit at a desk for a long period of time; answer telephone calls and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. May on a continuous basis be on shop floor supporting service operations. May be required to wear appropriate safety equipment (IE- Safety glasses or side shields) when needed. Noise level in the shop environment is usually moderate to high and the noise level in the office environment is usually low. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional local travel may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.