The Data Services Specialist reports directly to the SITECH Sales Manager and is responsible for running all aspects of the performance and management of three dimensional data related activities within the SITECH Technology Dealership. The Data Service Specialist will become certified to work with 3D design data and also manage the outsourcing of specific data services to third party organizations. To be certified to work with 3D data, the individual must have a background in civil engineering, construction management and/or software engineering and must have extensive knowledge of Civil CAD programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide quotes to clients for project specific data requirements
- Prepare surface models for use with construction stakeout and machine guidance systems
- Calculate volumes using collected survey information from various sources
- Interpretation of 3rd party data sets. Examples include Autodesk Civil 3d, Carlson, Bentley
- Collection and management of client data sets
- Management of file system structures to store, transfer and archive project data
- Drive revenue based upon performance of services and new clients
- Create and provide localized training materials and services for qualified customers
- Manage projects and relationships with 3rd party data service providers
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related experience
- Extensive survey and construction experience in the Heavy Civil Construction, subdivision, general roading, street, and commercial site development areas.
- Extensive experience in advanced grading, 3D modeling, CAD and computers- AutoCAD, Micro station or Terramodel
- 5+ years in field survey experience using Trimble Equipment or comparable
- 2+ years selling and or supporting Grade Control systems
- 2+ years training experience
- Able to hold 8 hour training classes from 1 to 5 days in length
- Able to teach in both classroom and in the field environments
- Able to coordinate all training activities including: ordering materials, setting up computers and/or equipment, etc.
- Able to revise current training programs and develop new programs as required
- Experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Capable of resolving a wide range of technical issues related to 3d data
- Strong problem solving aptitude required and must be very detail oriented.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
- Works with little instruction on day-to-day activities and general instruction on new assignments
- Available to travel overnight periodically
- Strong command of Written and Verbal English