Job: Carolina CAT - Sales Support Specialist, SITECH, Carolina CAT, Charlotte, NC
Carolina CAT - Sales Support Specialist, SITECH
Charlotte, NC 28201 United States
(see job description below)
The successful candidate will provide training and support on various types of Trimble machine control systems, surveying equipment and related software. The main focus will be in the support and service of Trimble Heavy Civil solutions, encompassing machine control, paving control, site positioning and asset management technologies. The essential functions of this position include the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer's technical issues in a timely manor
- Become field trained and factory certified on relevant equipment and software
- Provide back-up / secondary support for the field installation team as needed
- Assist in the development of system configurations and proposals for customers
- Deliver fee-based (paid) training on-site and/or in a classroom setting to customers of various levels of experience with Trimble technologies.
- Develop and maintain a training program as well as provide customer feedback on these services.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering preferred or related experience
- 2+ years supporting and training others on Trimble / Cat Grade Control systems
- Extensive survey and construction experience in the Heavy Civil Construction, subdivision, general road, street, and commercial site development areas
- Experience in advanced grading
- CAD and computers- AutoCAD, Micro station, or Terramodel
- Trimble Business Center 3D Modeling experience preferred
- A team player able to leverage resources through sound organizational skills
- Consultative problem solving – involves customer in problem solving by asking appropriate questions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Trimble GPS and robotics or similar surveying equipment
- Knowledge of various CAD and survey software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (creation of PowerPoint presentations)
- Self-motivated to continue education on new technologies related to the industry
- Willing to travel, as required.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?