The Bench Repair Technician reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for actively managing all aspects of bench service within the SITECH territory. This includes managing the functions of tracking and managing customer product warranty, RMA (Return Materials Authorization) and "hot swaps" or spares for customers, product repair, service parts inventory, service-related operations and administrative support. This position is accountable for delivering advanced level repairs timely and at a profit. Customer satisfaction is the key component of this role's success.
- Perform quality service repairs while meeting service-related metrics for Turnaround, Hit Rates and Mean Time to Repair as defined by management.
- Successfully complete manufacturer training for product repair and service on all product lines
- Manage local service parts inventory
- Deliver quality technical assistance on time and ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintains close relationship and clear communication with manufacturer service managers
- Maintains strong customer relations and satisfaction; proactively and diligently works to ensure customer problems are resolved quickly
- Proactively drives collection of information that aids in the development and improvement of products and services offerings
- Ensure all service-related activities are captured in the company software system
- Monitor trends and procedures to assist in the effective management of daily operations and company tooling and inventory.
- Reporting of technical feedback to the General Manager and manufacturers as appropriate
- Assist in the development, documentation and maintenance of service-related processes
Associate degree in electronics repair or an equivalent combination of education and experience
At least three years of electronics repair experience
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of positions in this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Must possess mobility to work in the office around the equipment and on jobsites when required; Ability to grasp tools and work with hands;
Ability to lift and manipulate tooling and equipment up to 50 lbs.;
Excellent customer service skills; Must have intermediate level PC exposure using MS Office;
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.