Processes orders received by mail, telephone, or personally from customers or employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inside telephone sales, walk in customers, incoming fax orders. Review for accuracy and completeness (e.g., price, quantity, item number).
- Look up parts for Customers and Technicians. Inform customers of price, shipping date, anticipated delays, etc.
- Verifies stock availability and processes orders.
- Completes order form; computes total cost taking price, discounts, shipping charges, etc., into account.
- Notifies inventory control of orders that deplete stock.
- Calls on customers to generate part sales.
- May route orders to order-filling department and follow-up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- May confer with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Driving is an essential function of this position and a current valid drivers license must be maintained at all times.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school degree, associate's degree from two-year college or university; or one to two years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)