Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking an On-Site Manager for the Power Systems Division at our Elkridge, Maryland location. This position is responsible for assisting customers during the installation of equipment, supplied by Carter Machinery, at customer sites. The On Site Manager works closely with Carter's Project Managers and those representing the customer. Duties include performing site inspections, submitting progress reports, interfacing with contractors, overseeing the delivery, installation, start-up and testing of equipment, and providing guidance to Carter technicians while on the site. Seeking candidates with the ability to thoroughly comprehend project specifications, prepare work plans and start-up equipment within a determined time frame. Must keep abreast of current products, including generator sets, transfer switches, switchgear, UPS, and other similar products/components. Demonstrated experience managing the installation of mechanical and electrical equipment required.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to manage multiple start-up sites at one time.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude required; able to read wiring and layout drawings.
- Able to understand and respond to questions related to project submittals and specifications.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- A strong desire to promote a positive customer experience.
- Experience dealing with multiple disciplines, such as project managers, contractors, engineers and end users.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to travel and work hours required for job and customer demand.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.