Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest CASE CNHi Construction Equipment Dealership and Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment Dealership on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, Sonsray Machinery is seeking a Used Equipment Manager to help us grow our Used Equipment business. This position can work remotely and will require to travel up to 50%. Reports to the Director of Sales.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Used Equipment Manager will focus on Securing Used Inventory, and growing the used equipment business by developing new business and maintaining accounts. Works with the Director of Sales to establish strategic used equipment initiatives, Increase Used Sales, Trade-In and Consignment Opportunities. Evaluate Trade-In Inspections, Set Valuations, and process Trade-Ins.
The customer base will mainly be Contractors, Utilities, Corporations, Commercial, and Industrial organizations within the Sonsray Machinery dealer territory.
- Search, locate and identify good used equipment to purchase
- Achieve annual Sales Budget for Used Equipment, with focus on Quarterly progress
- Assist in winning the sale, and assure that we can resell the unit(s), within a reasonable time at a reasonable profit
- Create plan and strategy to increase Consignment opportunities
- Review Trade-In Inspections, set Trade-In values and Recon/Repair budgets
- Manage the overall repair and make-ready process and expense
- Maintain Used Equipment inventory levels at a level which allows approximately three (3) turns per year
- Manage, set and maintain Used Equipment Inventory, valuations and sale prices
- Provide Photographs and Machine Detailed Information to Marketing Team
- Participate in roll out process of rental fleet inventory
- Assist in developing a revolving three-year plan which estimates market demand and provides the requirements and plans to increase the company’s share of the used equipment market
- Be familiar and monitor all major competitors, and Auctions, keeping Director of Sales of significant information concerning competitive inventories, sales force, selling strengths and other pertinent information
- Physically attend regional auctions or virtually as deemed appropriate
- Develop and maintain strong inter-company working relationships to ensure optimum cooperation and support
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with the Store Management, Sales, Rentals and Product Support department’s, manufacturers and suppliers
- Meet reporting requirements and ensure that used equipment sales paperwork is processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Monitor, analyze and adjust the focus for continuous improvement of operations, functions, tools, resources and internal and external customer service
- Assist with development and implementation of marketing efforts and campaigns for Used Equipment sales
- Report Used Equipment Opportunities and Pipeline on a weekly and monthly basis
- Responsible for developing and growing the consignment business within Sonsray AOR
- Maintain a presence at SSC and at all needed locations
- Responsible for attending sales meetings and being engaged with the sales staff on key components pertaining to the growth of the Trade-In Opportunities and Sales
- Works cohesively with Account Managers and Sales Managers to assist in closing deals with trade-ins.
- Review and analyze CASE Industry Data and EDA Data to identify equipment and pricing trends to provide guidance on Used Equipment purchasing and selling
- Collaborate with Sales Management to establish annual sales goals for Used Equipment
- Deliver Sonsray Machinery’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- 5+ years’ experience in Construction Equipment Industry is necessary to be considered
- 5+ years’ experience in Operations and Used Equipment sales and/or rental with good closing sales abilities
- Equipment inspection and valuation experience is necessary
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired.
- Computer literacy, proficient in MS Office / Google Drive, and familiar with CRM systems
- Strong analytical, reasoning and decision making abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time mainly within CA, NV, WA, OR & AZ with some overnight stays is required
- Must be able to Operate Equipment and complete Trade-In Inspections
BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive base salary
- Uncapped commission
- Mileage reimbursement
- Cell phone
- HMO/PPO medical, dental, and vision plan
- Life insurance
- AD&D coverage
- Voluntary STD/LTD
- 401K matching
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday.