The Business Intelligence & Analytics (BIA) team at CTE is a recently formed group responsible for kick-starting the BI and analytics capabilities at CTE, and the foundation for those efforts is high quality, reliable data. Are you passionate about data quality? Are you equally skilled at working with data engineers and the executive team? If so, we want to speak with you!
At CTE, data is at the heart of everything we do. The BIA team is seeking a Data Governance Lead to control our efforts to organize and manage data as a critical asset for the business.
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
- Establish the core data governance processes for the company, with a focus on data quality.
- Work with our divisional and functional Executive Data Stewards to define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company's principal information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between divisional/functional working groups and the Data Governance Steering Committee to ensure that enterprise standards and objectives are identified and addressed.
- Organize the process for identifying and cataloging data quality issues across the organization, and work with business partners to identify process or technology remedies.
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners.
- Partner with the DataOps team to create, maintain and publish and data dictionary for the enterprise.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- In conjunction with the Director, BI & Analytics, provide progress reports to the CIO and the Data Governance Steering Committee; oversee periodic updates to the CTE executive team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline and/or equivalent business experience.
- 6+ years of previous experience in technology delivery, cross-functional program or project management and/or data governance management.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing data governance processes and standards.