A critical member of the marketing leadership team, the Marketing Director is the senior-most marketing lead responsible for planning, developing and executing customer-centric, fully-integrated marketing programs to drive both long-term brand equity and short-term sales for all of the business units across CTE. This position is responsible for developing, adapting, and executing highly effective marketing programs to increase market awareness, generate demand, accelerate pipeline, activate partners, and grow sales within the territory. The Marketing Director is responsible for representing the voice-of-customer in all marketing efforts, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders, and must equally blend a deep understanding of brand development, digital and traditional marketing, marketing analytics, and strong execution skills.
The Marketing Director leads a team of divisional marketing supervisors, specialists, and coordinators to support CTE's three key business divisions of Carolina Cat (Construction), Carolina Cat Power Systems, and LiftOne. This role is a strategic partner not only to our business divisions, but also to our trusted OEM partners – Caterpillar and Hyster Yale Group. The Marketing Director reports to the VP of Marketing for CTE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Advocacy – Represent the voice of customer in a multi-segment, multi-touch marketing/sales cycle leveraging customer insights, trends, and research to drive segment selection, persona development, journey mapping, and brand differentiators. Develop, prioritize, and implement strategies to address retail customer needs as well as securing commitment of OEM and Dealer resources to assure continued customer satisfaction and increased sales
Brand Management – Define Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long-term strategies.
Product Marketing – Position, launch, and sustain a pipeline of new products (NPI) across a portfolio of multiple customer-facing brands per our OEM guidelines. Products must be positioned to capture the lifetime value of product ownership and bring the full suite of aftermarket parts and services CTE offers.
Campaign & Content Development – Aligned with the overall CTE brand purpose and value proposition, lead the development of customer-centric, compelling campaign content/assets across any number of tactics that address explicit and implicit need states/triggers.
Demand Generation – Develop and execute a broad range of integrated inbound and outbound marketing campaigns, programs and promotions to acquire new customers, expand and retain the installed base, generate net new pipeline and accelerate sales opportunities already in pipeline, ensuring that all such activity is closely aligned to Sales priorities and selling motions.
Marketing Effectiveness – Monitor, measure and analyze the effectiveness of various marketing initiatives using both qualitative and quantitative inputs/techniques to enable continuous learning, campaign/program optimization, and customer personalization at scale.
Resource Management – Direct and manage a matrix of shared, internal marketing channel/creative resources and external agency/subject matter experts, including but not limited to advertising agencies, public relations firms, digital analytics, etc. Manage the budget for advertising and promotional items.
Relationship Alignment – Ensure internal strategic and executional tactical alignment with key stakeholders from Business Unit Leadership, Sales, Aftermarket, Business Technology, Finance, Human Resources and Key Marketing teams: Digital, Market Research & Analytics, and Internal Communications. Establish and maintain effective Caterpillar internal partner relationships, HYG relationships, dealer relationships, Industry Organization memberships and customer relationships.
Team Leadership – Be one of a handful of senior marketing leads within the Marketing Team to drive a more progressive, contemporary marketing organization by creating enterprise-wide standards and best practices, not afraid to get their hands dirty, have fun, and create demonstrable value to the company.
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver with a willingness and proven ability to challenge the status quo with multiple unknown inputs as the organization evolves to a more contemporary practice.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills with strong team leadership skills adept at successfully directing, influencing, and integrating internal and external resources within a highly matrix environment.
- Outstanding project management skills and the proven ability to manage multiple complex initiatives in parallel.
- Experience with competitive brands or like-minded categories of business targeting a similar type of buyer segment.
- Experience with a retail-centric organization, preference for dealer or franchise-based brands.
- Demonstrated ability to execute innovative and results-focused marketing programs and campaigns consistent with marketing best practices.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills with advanced PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Financial and budget management savviness with a solid understanding of P&L reporting, Excel.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in Business, Marketing or a related area of study and a minimum of 12 years of progressively more senior marketing responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some travel required to develop a deep understanding of the end-user's business and their unmet needs and establish customer-focused operational roadmap for products, distribution, and marketing processes, etc.