Perform routine preparation and quality checks on marine engines, generators and transmissions prior to delivery.
- Prepare marine engines for delivery to customers.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance checks on engines, generators and transmissions
- Perform quality checks on to ensure equipment is in peak presentable condition
- Performing any test needed on the equipment prior to delivery to ensure good operational condition
- Complete proper incoming and outgoing documentation on equipment
- Make sure that appropriate safety precautions are used in the work area
- Wash and clean equipment as needed
- Assist with shop cleanup as needed
- Install transmission on marine engines
- Installs all prep parts on engine
- Paint parts as needed
- Able to operate forklift for moving engines in and out of the prep shop
- Install prep parts on generators as needed
- Prepare engines and generators for delivery
Must have a high school education or GED.
Two years direct work experience or equivalent
Marine mechanics may work outdoors at docks or marinas, as well as in all weather conditions, when making repairs aboard boats. They may work in cramped or awkward positions to reach a boat's engine must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs. Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports. Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 70 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders. Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems. Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information;
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability