Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technicians on 1st shift at our Manassas, Virginia location. These positions are responsible for performing maintenance, service repairs and installation services on electric power generation systems and components. Duties include troubleshooting and repairs of engine and electrical related systems, EPG start-up of generators, transfer switches, UPS, and switchgear systems. Repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge/experience are necessary for this position. Seeking candidates with 3 years' minimum of relevant Electrical Power Generation (EPG)/electronics experience; a technical degree or military equipment experience is a plus.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; advanced engine and electrical diagnostic and repair skills.
- Requires working knowledge of power generation components, electronic controls and fuel systems. Experience with diesel and natural gas engines, electrical switchgear, automatic transfer switches and power distribution systems.
- Able to read technical drawings and schematics.
- Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to project a positive professional image with customers.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
- Must meet physical requirements for the job.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.