Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking a Heavy Equipment Hauler on 1st shift at our Sterling, Virginia location. This position is responsible for the safe, efficient transportation of industrial/commercial parts and construction equipment to customer locations and Carter Machinery branches. Must adhere to company safety regulations, as well as state and federal laws. Other duties as assigned. Seeking candidate with excellent driving record and Class A CDL. Must have proven heavy-haul and tractor/lowboy driving experience. Capable of operating a 5 or 6 axle configuration truck.
- Able to properly secure equipment for transport, and ensure loads conform to local, state and federal regulations.
- Upon delivery, must be able to operate, demonstrate and instruct proper equipment operation.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of rental, construction and generator equipment required.
- Able to complete driver's pre/post-trip equipment inspections, and maintain daily hours of service logs.
- Must possess and maintain a good driving record and driving habits while operating company vehicles.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Requires effective communication skills, particularly when demonstrating the proper and safe use of the rental equipment.
- Willing to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to qualify for a Department of Transportation medical card. Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 80 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires frequent reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling climbing, and the ability to sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.