The Parts Counter Rep is responsible for front line customer service in a variety of parts and service areas. Responsibilities may include one or more of the following while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction: data entry, technical ability, research, and various administrative abilities. Assist the Service Department in identifying, acquiring, and invoicing all parts to work orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet all customers in the showroom and answer phones in a timely fashion, following the Carolina CAT CX Guidelines and Golden Rules.
- Look up parts via supplied computer programs and place and fill parts orders urgently.
- Support the parts procurement, stocking, and delivery needs of the Service Departments.
- Handle cash payments and returns per cash policies. Work with supervisor to handle bank deposits and report to credit department.
- Maintain all action pending reports and outstanding backorders.
- Responsible for all warehouse and hose shop duties, including stocking and organizing incoming inventory, pulling and packing parts orders, maintaining an orderly will call area, building hoses, and maintaining cleanliness and 6S standards of warehouse and hose shop.
- Responsible for working with supervisor and inventory control to ensure adequate levels of supply in retail showroom.
- Help resolve any customer issues or concerns.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned, meeting all necessary requirements of monthly retail audits.
- Promote safety through own work habits and wear appropriate PPE for all situations.
- If noticed, this individual needs to report to supervisor any conditions that do not meet OSHA standards.
- Exhibits a Customer First! Attitude at all times.
- All customers treated equally
- Take ownership of situations, do not pass customer to other employees
- Good attitudes will be required
- Neatness in dress is mandatory
- Profanity will not be tolerated
- Answer telephone with politeness
Education and/or Experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in parts environment, focusing on customer service/support highly preferred
- Must be familiar with identifying and sourcing parts on a daily basis
- Ability to assist shop with replacement parts that are comparable to OEM supplied components
South Charlotte, NC