Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
The primary function of the Project Manager is to coordinate all associated project related personnel, technical tasks, and materials to ensure the successful delivery and start-up of an associated CAT power generation equipment including generator sets, transfer switches, switchgear, UPS, etc. Effective time management, keen attention to detail along with strong organizational and communication skills, and a constant desire to improve are essential for success. This position will also develop and conduct training programs to educate customers and Fabick employees about power systems products.
* Project manage, plan, manages, and coordinates all aspects of assigned new / used product projects from initial receipt of the purchase order through to completion, including the coordination of product selection, delivery, construction/customer site meetings through to final customer acceptance.
* Ability to project manage electric power generator solutions/projects of all sizes and work closely with the sales, project management, administration, product support and management teams to deliver customer satisfaction while maximizing individual project profitability.
* Manages and monitors the project's time schedule to guarantee the product will be delivered and ready for start-up on or ahead of schedule to meet and/or exceed the customer's expectations.
* Provide engineering support to field service technicians and sales personnel as necessary.
* Manages and coordinates the start-up including documentation with company product support operations, engineers, contractors, customers, owners, utility companies, and internal sales dept. operations through to project close out and acceptance.
* Provide employee and customer training with regard to equipment installation, application, safe operation and proper use of equipment along with recommended maintenance procedures per manufacturers guidelines.
* Maintain a high degree of overall product, application and industry knowledge via factory programs, product updates, technical information, Industry Associations/Agencies and applicable Federal, State and Local codes.
* Perform administrative functions of reviewing and writing reports, executing vendor purchases, oversight of project expenditures and final project financial reconciliation working with administration and management.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field is required or equivalent years of technical experience.
* 5 years of experience in project management is required.
* 1-3 years training experience required, preferably in a technical environment.
* Technical knowledge of diesel / gaseous fueled engines, electrical power generation, power distribution, iengine generator sets, system integration design, assembly, installation, commissioning, operation, switchgear, transfer switches, fuel systems, exhaust systems, enclosures, and ancillary equipment preferred.
* Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, schematic wiring diagrams and blueprints.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong organizational and negotiation skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other business software applications.
* High proficiency with AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Adobe Acrobat.
Special Physical Requirements:
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and operate in a very fast pace environment. Ability to travel up to 25% of the time and may include overnight or multiple night trips. Must be able to work irregular hours and weekends. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled