This position will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of SharePoint Online. Maintain system performance and security. Provide governance around SharePoint usage, data and document retention and other policies. Provide end-user training and support as needed.
- Manage SharePoint services and sites hosted in SharePoint Online.
- Managing and migrating legacy SharePoint on-premise farms.
- Monitor, manage and improve SharePoint footprint to assure disperse staff obtain expected performance.
- Provide governance around SharePoint usage, data and document retention and other policies.
- Create and maintain workflows and custom forms using Power Automate and Power Apps.
- Tier 3 End User support of complex SharePoint issues.
- Training and supporting staff in their daily usage of SharePoint.
- Manage and maintain external guest (non-employee) user access to SharePoint systems.
- Monitor and manage SharePoint system security to prevent attacks, data loss, etc.
- Perform daily site creation tasks, MACs involving permissions/site access, etc.
- Record and communicate to stakeholders the performance of the services.
- Ensure service delivery meets the business requirements based on defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Serve as the SharePoint Subject Matter Expert for internal and external clients.
- Stay informed of changes to SharePoint Online functionality that can impact end users.
- Deliver a consistent process for incident and problem escalation and resolution in line with the sourcing governance framework.
- Collaborate with other IT staff to facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Regularly update documentation of SharePoint infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an associate degree in related field with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience with onsite SharePoint environment administration and customization; Including. Microsoft server administration experience and SharePoint migration tools experience; SharePoint or any other Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint Online/O365 and other cloud solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of related O365 workloads including Planner, Power Platform, Azure Logic Apps, Power Automate
- OneDrive for Business, SharePoint database usage, SharePoint Architecture, SharePoint resource management, and permissions management.
- Hands on experience in migrating significant quantities of data/sites between farms or tenants.
- Solid understanding of IIS, Active Directory and mail flow into SharePoint.
- Deployment of custom developed SharePoint sites for clients.
- Advanced SharePoint 201x administration skills and knowledge of SharePoint best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of all versions of Windows Server and Microsoft SQL.
- Very good understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing, DNS, SSL, PowerShell and certificates.
- Experience and well versed in all Microsoft environments.
- Ability to periodically travel overnight.
- Ability to sit for long periods using a PC and telephone.
- Ability to lift various materials that could weigh up to 50 lb., stoop, bend and stretch
- Dependable and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to relate the goals of IT service delivery to business goals.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and acceptable driving record.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.