The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The employee uses miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- The employee uses tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs.
- The employee climbs up onto, under, & into vehicles to gain access to all parts of vehicle.
- The employee uses overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items off vehicle (tracks, idler wheels, blades, etc.) & then to move parts to locations for disassembly, repair, then back to the vehicle for reassembly.
- The employee will do inspections, do preventative maintenance, change oil, replace filters, belts, coolants, hoses, may drain/clean/refill fuel systems.
- The employee will use welders to weld frames, wear strips then use power grinders to grind welds smooth.
- The employee will lift/carry and position ram used to remove idlers, unbolt idlers, remove them with overhead crane.
- The employee uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint vehicle.
- The employee will use instruments and computers to reprogram equipment controllers.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the local language, reads and comprehends technical data/service manuals and writes legibly.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive bending tasks and achieve required torque specifications per manufacturer's repair procedures.