Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/
* Primary responsibility of the technician is to diagnose construction equipment repair needs and perform designated repairs on customer or company owned machines as directed. Repairs are made on, but not limited to Caterpillar equipment.
* Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines. Also includes Preventive maintenance and general machine upkeep.
* Detection of faults through the use of diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines and general machine performance is expected. Occasional operation of machine in the determination of repair need or repair assessment may occur.
* Disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer's specifications though the use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and any specialized tooling provided by Fabick. Occasional use of basic welding equipment. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Research repair needs and order parts as needed.
* Load or unload equipment or components from customer owned or common carrier vehicles.
* Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
* Any and all duties as assigned.
* High school education or GED equivalent required. Technical, vocational, trade school education or equivalent is also required.
* Two to five years' experience troubleshooting and repairing heavy equipment, Caterpillar preferred. Experience in diagnosing equipment utilizing laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines, and general machine performance is expected.
* Knowledge and experience with heavy equipment, mining equipment, systems, engines and components required.
* Knowledge of basic tools and tool usage, including basic welding skills.
* Journeyman status is preferred.
* Ability to operate in a fast paced environment that requires multitasking while maintaining a high level of organization.
* Must demonstrate good problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills -- both oral and written, good work habits, above average math, science, and English skills, the ability to read and interpret machine schematics, self motivation and a desire to perform at one's highest level.
* Proficiency with computers and aspects of Microsoft office desired.
* MSHA certified, or the ability to be MSHA certified.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions. The following may be expected to be encountered: long periods of standing, periodic exposure to seasonal heat and cold, working with oils and greases, noise, shift work as needed - 1st and 2nd, working outside, stooping, bending, squatting, or working in a prone position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled