Heavy Equipment Field Technician
Knoxville, Knoxville, TN, US
2 days agoRequisition ID: 1007
Ascendum Machinery, a leading Volvo Construction Equipment dealer, is offering an excellent opportunity for a Heavy Equipment Technician. We are looking for an experienced heavy equipment technician who is interested in field work and is geographically located in the vicinity of Knoxville, TN. Relocation allowances are available.
Responsibilities for Heavy Equipment Technician:
- Maintaining and repairing large heavy construction equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and other systems on a variety of equipment. Using various methods and tools to diagnose and perform repair work to customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining service and parts documentation on work performed.
- Driving and maintaining a DOT regulated field service truck (if required for field work).
- Working safely at all times and following required safety protocols.
- Following required training curriculum for career and professional growth.
Qualifications for Heavy Equipment Technician:
- High School Diploma or higher with post high school studies related to technical curriculum in heavy equipment or diesel mechanics.
- Experience and working knowledge of heavy construction equipment and passing a mechanical comprehension assessment for troubleshooting complex equipment,
- Understanding of safe job practices.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Exhibit teamwork, verbal and written skills.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift a maximum of 75 pounds, ability to stoop, bend, reach, climb and crawl without restrictions and pass a DOT physical exam if assigned to drive.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive wages with career progression
- Medical, dental and vision plans on day of hire
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Company paid short-term and long term disability
- Supplemental life insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible spending account or health savings account
- 401k retirement savings with a generous match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Tool allowance, shoe allowance and company provided uniforms
- Relocation Assistance (depending on location)
For more information about us, please view our website at www.ascendummachinery.com.