H.O. Penn Machinery, the CATERPILLAR dealer for Metro New York and the entire state of Connecticut, is now HIRING a skilled Construction Equipment Road Mechanic to service the NYC area!
THIS POSITION OFFERS A $2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
*This position requires off-hour, weekend, and holiday on-call availability.
**This is a union position that includes potential annual earnings up to $130,000 per year in addition to industry best pension and annuity package, plus additional voluntary benefits offered by H.O. Penn.
***This position utilizes a company service vehicle - clean and valid driver's license is required.
Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, the Construction Equipment Road Mechanic position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Successfully provide service of recognized superior value
- Maximize the efficient use of service and repair processes to provide fast, accurate service and minimize unnecessary expense
- Effectively communicate status of repair work with supervisor and customers
- Effectively communicate with customers
- Represent the company in a positive, professional manner
- Communicate customers' options to correct current problems
- Advise customers of cost of repair and collect payment as required
- Successfully contribute toward building a culture of safety
- Work in a proactive, safe manner in compliance with all safety protocols & training
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with all Contamination Control Initiatives
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in troubleshooting and repair of Heavy Construction Equipment required, CAT strongly preferred
- Must be computer proficient to run diagnostic software & prepare service communications
- Must have strong communication skills and have a high level of self-management
- Clean & valid driver’s license required
Essential Physical Job Qualifications:
- Standing and walking
- Lifting (up to 60lbs.)
- Carrying (up to 50lbs.)
- Push/pull (up to 80lbs.)
- Sitting, rotation and forward bending (sitting and standing)
- Hand coordination and reaching
- Grip (30lbs. with both hands, 80lbs. with preferred/single hand)
- Foot pedal operation
- Climbing stairs and ladders
- Crawling, low work (kneeling), and awkward positioning
- Outdoor work (as required)
- Wearing 10-20lbs. of protective clothing, including fire resistant clothing, welding helmet/shield, & ANSI-rated protective footwear (as required)
Reasonable accommodations made as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.