Clark Equipment has an opportunity for a Service Manager in our new location. Candidates must have the ability to lead the Service Department in a teamwork environment.
Currently, we have a manager that handles the administrative/paper work side of the position. This will be a joint role with the current manager continuing to order and track parts, while the service manager leads and directs the mechanics, taking the paperwork out of the equation.
Technical knowledge, good attitude, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
The Service Manager takes the lead role in managing an efficient department through productive staffing, technical training and quality workmanship, while improving productivity and reducing costs.
- Continually monitor the progress of the service department, and that of individuals in the service group
- Supervise in shop service and repair of machine and equipment
- Develop a bullpen of young talented enthusiastic mechanics that want to learn and grow.
- Provide direction and leadership required to achieve professional technical services at profitability and quality standards
- Conduct service meetings and training sessions to communicate company objectives and policies, to develop technical skills and to encourage employee participation and personal growth
- Actively participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Manage maintenance and repair, as well as shop housekeeping, and comply with all safety procedures
- Ensure new and used equipment are prepared properly
- Display, demonstrate, and advocate company core values. Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality and Service
- Assist with completing technician reviews in a punctual / annual manner.
- Experience in Heavy Equipment
- 2+ years experience supervising teams/direct reports
- Two-year Associates Degree from college or technical school in Heavy Equipment repair (or 25 years of relevant experience or training)
- Or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lead and supervise a team
- Basic computer skills