POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Service Manager, with little or no supervision, the employee shall perform highly skilled work in the repairing, reconditioning, testing and adjusting of all equipment sold by Hawthorne.
- Remove, install, recondition and repair engines and make necessary adjustments on the engine as well as to the components in the various systems, such as water pumps, fuel pumps, turbochargers, generators, compressors, coolers, carburetor and cylinder heads.
- Perform diagnostic tests on engines for lack of power, inability and hard to start, misfiring, overheating, excessive oil consumption and basic tests on charging system.
- Remove, install, make repairs and necessary adjustments on the various power train components such as torque converters, torque dividers, direct drive transmissions, power shift transmissions, power shift transmission, oil and dry clutches, steering clutches, and brakes, final drives, differentials, transfer cases, gear boxes and undercarriages.
- Perform diagnostic tests on power train components for overheating, operational pressure checks and slippage.
- Remove, install, recondition, repair and make necessary adjustments on the various hydraulic controls and components such as, cylinders, pumps, valves and hydraulic attachments.
- Perform diagnostic tests on hydraulic systems for operational pressures and flow check.
- Must be able to meet flat rate as established by Caterpillar and industry standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Service Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma or have a GED.
- Must own hand tools that are suitable to perform the work noted above.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, with a good driving record.
- Must be forklift certified or able to be certified within 60 days.
- At least 2 years of industry experience preferred.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
- Lying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
- Occasionally will work in unfavorable conditions.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in a service shop and field environments.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne CAT® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D