Sonsray Inc. is a privately-owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New York, and New Jersey making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealerships and CASE CNH Construction and Agricultural Equipment Dealerships on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30+ combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, and state-of-the-art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
Sonsray Fleet Services division is currently seeking an experienced and professional Service Manager for our Thermo King dealership in Sacramento, CA.
The Service Manager will be responsible for managing service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable service labor sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent, and effectively engaging department personnel with P&L responsibilities.
- Develops and follows an annual service budget to provide realistic, attainable, and measurable profit goals compatible with overall dealership financial and operational goals to meet KPI’s and business plans
- Manage technician efficiency and productivity and service departments' overall performance
- Develops, maintains, and adheres to a priority system for scheduling all service work, both customer and internal
- Ensures that all manufacturer warranty claims are completed and filed promptly according to the manufacturer’s requirements
- Monitors warranty expense and recovery rates to meet company objectives
- Interact directly with the manufacturer to resolve warranty issues as necessary
- Maintains all management reports necessary to audit the performance of the department and individual employees to include department P&L responsibilities
- Schedules and assigns job and work areas to employees according to their skills and knowledge
- Ensures that Service Department is equipped with the necessary tools and service equipment is available and maintained in good working order
- Work with VP on maintaining building and yard facility
- Coordinates dealership training programs and service-related customer clinics
- Monitor the training and advancement of technicians and office staff per the D2E requirements of Thermo King Corp
- Responsible for our facility inspections, safety meetings, and coordinating the annual safety inspections
- Professionally conducts self at all times, inside and outside the dealership
- Monitors metrics monthly to assure achievement of departmental goals
- Introducing our line of service and product to prospective customers by making cold calls and visits to grow our sales
- Must have an excellent quality customer service experience to maintain and develop good customer relationships
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in management and service department operations or related fields.
- Thermo King or Carrier Reefer equipment experience is highly preferred or must have diesel truck or maintenance transportation industry to be considered
- Experience managing a repair shop and having external customer fleet experience is necessary
- Must have experience managing 10+ employees. Responsible for overseeing up to 20 employees
- Must have hands-on mechanical experience or have good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports including Profit & Loss Statement
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and internet functions
- Good human relations and effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - internal and external customers
- Must have a good sense of urgency and be able to identify issues and find solutions
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- Must possess and maintain a current and acceptable, valid "C" Driver's License
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Anything above 50 pounds will require the assistance of a team member or forklift, etc. as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, and equipment.
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Birthday Perks