POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the General Manager, the Service Operations Manager accomplishes the departmental goals by developing and helping to implement strategies to improve customer loyalty, operational efficiency, and profitability. The Service Operations Supervisor works closely with the service managers, EH&S team, and Caterpillar representatives to accomplish positive results.
- Reviews reports on a routine basis to identify areas of improvement necessary to meet operational goals.
- Uses all necessary resources to improve customer loyalty.
- Champions identified Caterpillar initiatives and works with operations groups to implement, where appropriate.
- Works closely with all operations managers to identify and implement process improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervise Service Staff – Coordinators, Clerks, and Communicators
- Train Service Staff in systems related to job and work order management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, or three to seven years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least three years’ experience working in a service shop and/or parts department.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have experience with CI Projects and / or Six Sigma.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers items up to 60lbs.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork and records on a computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits for extended periods of time.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in a service shop environment.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.