Wilmington, NC, USA
The primary responsibility of this position is to independently perform a variety of troubleshooting, diagnostic and advance EPG repairs at customer sites.
- Must be well versed in the troubleshooting and repair diesel/natural gas & LP engines and engine ECMs.
- Must be able to troubleshoot DC control panels, auxiliary display units, governors, and actuators.
- Read and comprehend a/c and d/c schematics as they relate to engine / site specific installations.
- Perform preventive maintenance and services on a wide variety of gensets and commercial engines, to include non-Cat product.
- Candidate must be aware and conscious of all safety factors revolving around circuits at high power levels. Must adhere to all company safety policies and the EPG safety work policy. Failure to do so can affect employment status.
- Manage personal work schedule (to include billing out time with limited expense hours, completing and submitting associated paperwork, i.e.: timecard, service reports, warranty related information, completion of core and/or warranty tags for failed parts, lookup and submission of needed parts orders.
- Candidate must properly maintain all assigned company property and submits all expense records on a monthly basis.
- Candidate must be able to attend training courses relative to job position as needed, monthly Pure Safety and notify supervisor of training needs on an ongoing basis.
Must have a high school education or GED.
Six years of experience with at least four years of experience on Cat engines and / or like competitive equipment.
Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs. Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports. Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 100 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
Will work remotely with rare trips to dispatching office. Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders. Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems. Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information; can work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to interface with customers (both internal & external) effectively and courteously
Field Activity- Must be able to daily operate an assigned service vehicle as well as be prequalified to operate under GPEC Fleet Policy Standards. The driver must be able to operate their assigned vehicle for extended periods in order to reach customer’s locations. Must be able to effectively communicate using telephones to receive instructions and to provide service information. Must be able to effectively deal directly with customers at site locations in a professional manner.
Additional: Field activities require a valid state driver’s license (obtain within 30 days of hire a valid license within the state of GPEC’s operation) ANDpossess a safe driving record which meets the safe driving standards outlined in the GPEC Fleet Policy. Operation of some vehicles will require a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), others may require that the driver possess a DOT medical certification. Some positions may require that you obtain a DOT medical certification before you are considered for the position. All positions that require driving for company business or within a Company Owned Vehicle will be held to the standards of the GPEC Fleet Policy.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.