Position at Carolina CAT - Construction
Join the Carolina Cat Team
As a family-owned company under our third generation of leadership, we have built our business based on the principles of trust, integrity, and a desire to help our customers and employees succeed.
Since 1926, we’ve supported our communities by supplying equipment for critical infrastructure and commerce and by donating our time and resources to area nonprofits. We make smart investments in our company and continuously improve as part of our vision to be a trailblazing company that’s built to last.
We’re looking for hard-working, team-oriented professionals who enjoy working on new challenges every day. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and we’re committed to providing a work experience that helps our team grow to their full potential.
Collectively, our employees work together to make a difference for our customers, our communities, and our company. Learn more about what it means to become a team member with Carolina Cat.
The Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of customer equipment in a shop or field environment while maintaining an acceptable level of productivity and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepare for operations
- Works independently with little to no supervision at times.
- Determine the technical or physical status using the on-board computer, service documents and reviewing product improvement and support programs.
- Verify findings, review readings of gauges and procedures and compare to manufactures specs.
- Prepare a plan to correct the problem consulting with co-workers or lead man when necessary.
- Order or obtain from stock or send parts to special service shop to make the appropriate tooling or alterations.
- Install, replace, re-build or repair the parts and/or equipment in a timely manner and according to specifications.
- Test the part or equipment and perform quality check after work is complete.
- Paint components and pressure wash parts and equipment when necessary.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned and maintains company vehicles.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines.
- Maintains productivity at predetermined levels.
his position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED
- Successful completion of the level three service technician development program.
- 6+ years in heavy equipment, engine, or electric power generation system mechanic repair.
- Have Knowledge of: Engine and equipment lines sold by the company.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application, operation, and function of Caterpillar equipment and engines.
- Use and application of all Caterpillar diagnostic tools.
- Electrical and electronic system applications.
- Problem solving techniques and repair options for Caterpillar machines, engines, and components.
Basic keyboarding skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.