Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
Directs all activities of a single store location and responsible for P&L.; In coordination with Division Manager, establishes sales and profitability goals, manages proper fleet levels, responsible for the effective leadership of branch employees and drives a strong safety culture. Plans and establishes systems to control expenses at the branch location.
- Establishes high safety standards for audits, training, and compliance with State, Federal, OSHA, and D. O. T. regulations, drug and alcohol testing and the safe equipment maintenance program within the branch
- Recruit, train, develop and retention of qualified employees. Communicates job expectations and fosters a climate conducive to optimizing performance and outcomes
- Works with regional sales manager as available, to facilitate sales training as needed, promote a thorough understanding of market conditions including current customers, potential customers, and competitors for assigned territory, and design and implement sales strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Competitive pricing with existing market conditions, product quantities available, and product quality to provide customers with an affordable, yet competitively priced product
- Plans, directs, and coordinates all rental equipment operations within the branch
- Fosters a customer-focused approach to sales and service
- Reviews product offering and optimizes profitable market share growth and financial performance
- Ensures accurate financial reporting and budget preparation
- Coaching/mentoring experience with branch personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent speaking and writing English
- Knowledge of business accounting principles, budget preparation, and strong business acumen
- Excellent presentation skills before both small and large groups
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Driven and results oriented; business development and KPIs to meet corporate targets
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of construction equipment and rental industry
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel within the organization and customer operations
- Management of branch operations and personnel
- Assist with equipment demonstrations, technical support
- Sales and marketing initiatives, market share and customer retention
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of successful business management experience at a branch or other individual profit center, with profit and loss responsibility
- Five or more years of experience in business management and/or operational management with increasingly progressive job scope and responsibilities
- Minimum of three years of retail/store management experience in the construction equipment rental industry
- 1+ years of supervisory experience and proven sales and customer service success
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and Outlook and the use of computer application
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driver record
Special Physical Requirements:
- Work environment is consistent of an office located on parcel housing construction equipment inventory and repair/service shop
- Safety training required; PPE required outside of office/parking lot area
- Occasional lifting may be required up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time with frequent bending and stooping
This role profile is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this role profile is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.