Sonsray Inc. is a privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New York, and New Jersey making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealerships and CASE CNH Construction and Agricultural Equipment Dealerships on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30+ combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory-authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking Apprentice Mechanics to join our Thermo King dealership in Vernon, CA.
The Apprentice Reefer Installer Mechanic will be trained by a Thermo King certified technician to perform installations on various new Thermo King refrigerated units on trucks, trailers, vans, and APU’s and will also provide quality installations to other inferior refrigerated units by the factory specifications.
Sonsray Fleet Services will give you the opportunity to attend our TK University to help you further your career and become a Certified Technician. Along with our training program, you will gain the ability to complete your main responsibilities and duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Install various new refrigeration units on trailers, trucks, vans, and other related components such as:
- Hook up Electrical harnesses and fuel lines
- Run and check units to ensure the units are performing to their maximum performance
- Installing special items as necessary
- Install condenser section and evaporator
- Ensure that all installs are completed to establish original manufacturing procedures and guidelines
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by the manager
- Position requires a motivated individual and highly prefer 1+ years of basic knowledge of tools such as wrenches, sockets, hammer, torque wrench, multi-meter, drills, and impact.
- If you like working with your hands and you are a self-motived individual, then this may be a great opportunity for you and we can teach you the rest.
- Basic mechanical experience is ideal but must have a mechanical aptitude to be considered.
- Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
- Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees
- Experience the personal challenge of working for a world-class organization and leader in the Refrigeration Transport industry. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. We are in a stable industry and continue to grow year after year.
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday.
- Birthday Perks
- Boot Allowance Program
- Tool Allowance Program for Apprentice Techs
- Uniforms Provided
- Fitness Facility Provided