Fabick CAT has an opening for a full-time, experienced Mechanic to work in our specialty shop in the transmissions department. We are looking for a dedicated employee with excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills to help deliver top notch service as a mechanic to our rapidly growing customer base.
Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
- Primary responsibility is to Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair service on transmissions, torque converters, differentials, final drives, axles, hydraulic pumps, motors and valves. Repairs are made on, but not limited to Caterpillar equipment.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines. Also includes
- Disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer's specifications though the use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and any specialized tooling provided by Fabick.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Research repair needs and order parts as needed.
- Follows standard operating procedures.
- Respond to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed
- Maintains a clean and safe work area, adhere to all safety procedures
- Cleans and organizes equipment
- Attends formal training
- Provides assistance to all other levels of technicians as needed in regard to troubleshooting repairs
- Maintains paperwork documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily/job basis
- Documents labor, addition of segments, assuring that work order can be closed and billed as communicated with the customer
- Positively interacts with manager and team members to satisfy customer needs
- Communicates effectively with customers, both internal and external
- Load or unload components from customer owned or common carrier vehicles.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Any and all duties as assigned.