We are currently offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for Heavy Equipment Shop Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring Heavy Equipment Shop Technicians in Edgewood, Maryland. These positions are responsible for diagnosing problems, performing repairs, reconditioning and servicing heavy equipment and components in a shop environment. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related heavy equipment service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program.
Requirements for the Heavy Equipment Shop Technician jobs include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; able to accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Candidates should possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed. Must prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Able to read and understand operating manuals.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Heavy Equipment Shop Technician jobs, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.