Transportation Logistics Coordinator
Road Machinery & Supplies Co. is searching for a Transportation Logistics Coordinator to join its team at its Savage, MN location. In this role, you will be responsible for arranging, monitoring, and managing intercompany material transportation logistics. You will work in a fast-paced environment, which includes the handling and daily scheduling of multiple routes, drivers, deliveries.
As a member of the team, you will enjoy:
- Work Culture – RMS is family-owned and treats their team members right. RMS values long term relationships with our customers, vendors, and each other.
- Career Opportunities – Experience a career with the support and encouragement to develop yourself and others.
- Competitive Compensation Packages – Based on experience and other factors.
- Full Benefits Package – Including medical, dental, life, 401(k), and vacation.
- Stability and Reputation – RMS has been in business for 95 years and continues to grow.
- Coordinate, monitor, and maintain the daily schedules, deliveries, and routes of transportation to multiple facilities
- Enter and track deliveries electronically to ensure the timely arrival of goods
- Work with multiple internal departments to determine and coordinate the proper prioritization of deliveries
- Manage and report on the performance of drivers
- Analyze costs associated with transportation and develop recommendations for more cost-effective methods
- Assign routes, handle customer complaints, and investigate delivery issues
- Maintain vehicle and trailer records
- Arrange and manage the maintenance for company owned delivery vehicles and trailers
- Coordinate with outside vendors to ensure the timely delivery of goods
- Communicate delivery statuses and updates to various personnel across multiple locations
- Respond to calls from drivers and internal personnel at various hours of the day
- Resolve issues and delivery exceptions
- Develop an understanding of the business needs and take action to ensure those needs are met
- Invoice freight charges to internal and external customers
- Oversee core and warranty returns processing
- Consult and advise on technology solutions to improve operational efficiencies and visibility
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School or equivalent required (College degree preferred).
- Previous experience in transportation/dispatch (preferred)
- Excellent communication
- Strong organization and time management
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can exercise independent judgement within established systems and procedures
- Familiar with basic computer systems (Excel, MS Word, email, etc.)
- Able to work responsibly, safely, and intelligently.
- Have the desire to take action, improve, and be appreciative.
- Possess the capability to engage with customers, co-workers, and vendors in a respectful manner.
About Road Machinery & Supplies Co.
Road Machinery & Supplies Co. is a distributor of construction and mining equipment with sales and support operations throughout the Upper Midwest. RMS is a multiline dealer, representing the best brands of construction equipment in the industry, including Komatsu, KPI-JCI, Epiroc, Sennebogen, Gomaco, LeeBoy, Roadtec, and Bomag.
At Road Machinery & Supplies Co. we understand our customers depend on our expertise, performance, and commitment to avoid downtime, lost production, and cost over-runs. Our employees are committed to providing the services, technical support, and product solutions that let our customers complete their projects on schedule and within budget, allowing their businesses to thrive.
We also invite you to visit our website at www.rmsequipment.com to apply online. Equal Opportunity Employer.